- About the Consulate
About the ConsulatePrint
Consul General Profile
Ms. Manika Jain
Consul General of India Melbourne
Upon completion of her Post Graduation in Law from University of Delhi, Ms. Manika Jain joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1993.
During her diplomatic career, she has served in Indian Missions in Portugal, Myanmar and Indonesia. At Headquarters, she has been on deputation to the Ministry of Commerce and worked in Trade Policy Division dealing with matters related to W.T.O. In the Ministry of External Affairs, she has worked in Divisions which look after the relations between India and countries of East Asia and India's Eastern Neighbours. She has also served as Director at Indian Council of World Affairs, and Head of Division at Foreign Service Institute, New Delhi.
Ms. Jain assumed charge as the Consul General of India, Melbourne on 17th October 2013.
Before joining Indian Foreign Service, Ms Jain contributed to various social issues such as unorganized labour, women and health.
Ms. Jain’s other interests range from cinema to philosophy.
|S.No||NAME & DESIGNATION||Telephone||Fax|
|1||Ms. Manika Jain
|03 9682 4370||03 9696 email@example.com|
|2||Mr. Rakesh Malhotra
Consul & Head of Chancery
|03 9682 5219||03 9696 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Mr. Hari Parsad
Consul/PPS to Consul General
|03 9682 4370||03 9696 email@example.com|
|4||Mrs. Vimlesh sharma
Vice Consul (Consular & Community Affairs)
|03 9682 6203||03 9696 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Mr. Vinay Anand
Administration & Accounts
|03 9682 5800 (Extn-104)||03 9696 email@example.com|
|6||Ms. Tavleen Kaur
|03 9682 5800 (Extn-111)||03 9696 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Address :||344, St. Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia|
|P.O. Box No:||33247 Domain LPO Vic 3004|
|Consular & General Enquiries||
(Consular enquiries 9.30am-12.30noon only)
|Fax No:||+ 61-3- 9696 8251|
Before you call:
- Virtually all the information on consular services has already been made available online on our websites (HCI Canberra; CGI Melbourne) and on the VFS website.
- Consulate does not provide information on status enquiry for various Consular services.
- Due to the high volume of calls, your calls may sometimes be on hold or unanswered. We apologize for any inconvenience caused due to this, and urge you to send an email at email@example.com
- Only e-mails pertaining to issues beyond the information available online will be answered.
- When writing to us, you must include your full name, postal address, and phone number. As Consulate receives a large volume of e-mail, we will not be able to answer e-mails that do not include such basic information.
- Please do not contact us with regards to status of your E-tourist visa, as these applications are directly processed in India. For these applications, kindly contact +91 11-24300666 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Hours (except on weekends and holidays)
Note: Consulate general of India-Melbourne is open on every weekday(Monday-Friday) except on Public Holidays and all weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
General Working Hours
Monday to Friday 09:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Consular working Hours (For Public) - Submission (Lodging) & Collection of applications for Miscellaneous Consular services
Monday to Friday 09:30 A.M to 12:30 Noon (at the Consulate)
Consulate General of India, Melbourne
List of Holiday for the Year 2017